Many recruiters and employers alike believe the traditional recruitment agency model is inefficient and outdated. If you are interested in finding better ways of partnering with clients that are beneficial to both parties, then my special guest, Lisa Dixon, will explain how RPO and MSP services could extend the range of recruitment solutions you’re able to provide.
Lisa is the Director of Infinite Players based in London, helping recruitment agencies develop and bring to market their unique Managed Service Programme (MSP) & Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) service. Previously, as Managing Director of InterQuest Solutions, Lisa set up an RPO division that became the best performing business in the InterQuest group. With 25 years of experience in recruitment outsourcing across different industries and sectors, she’s been described as the “Jedi Master” of MSP and RPO services.
Why is there an increase in demand for the MSP and RPO business models? Hear it straight from our RPO and MSP services Jedi Master, Lisa Dixon of Infinite Players in this episode of #TheResilientRecruiter! #recruitment #recruiter #training #coachingTweet
Episode Outline and Highlights
- [3:30] Explanation of RPO & MSP business models for small to medium-sized recruitment firms.
- [7:40] Benefits of MSP arrangements to both clients and recruiters.
- [10:04] How RPO differs from MSP.
- [14:27] Things to consider when offering different recruitment solutions for your existing clients.
- [17:45] Vendor Management Systems – hear Lisa’s perspective.
- [21:50] Lisa talks about 3 different approaches for billing/fee structures.
- [25:44] How Lisa established and made InterQuest Solutions one of the best businesses in its group, her challenges and successes.
- [31:29] How Lisa built a team of 22 recruiters in two weeks to deliver an RPO project.
- [35:39] Losing 80% of business overnight and her mindset during the pandemic.
- [38:46] Why is there an increased interest in RPO and MSP solutions?
- [43:45] Lisa explains the Design, Engage & Win, and Anchor & Expand strategy
What RPO and MSP Means for a Small or Medium-Sized Recruitment Business
With specialization and expertise in Managed Service Programme (MSP) & Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) services, Lisa explained how this could work for small and medium recruitment businesses. The difference between the two is the type of client each model can provide. An RPO can deliver long-term permanent employees, while MSP is focused on delivering contingent employees such as contractors, temps and interims. She also laid out specific benefits for both parties.
Benefits for clients:
- Clients have quick access to the skills that they need
- Clients have the comfort that they’re working with a company that understands their market really well
- Delivers operational efficiencies and time savings for the client
Benefits for recruiters:
- Exclusivity on all jobs
- Long term commitment, usually three-year contracts
- Predictable billings and cashflow
Behind the scenes, there is a lot of effort and technology involved to set up this type of programme. Lisa details how these mechanisms work and the payoff.
The D.E.W.A Solution
Lisa explained the stages involved in developing a new recruitment solution, such as an RPO or MSP service. The phases are:
- Phase 1 – Design
- Phase 2- Engage
- Phase 3 – Win
- Phase 4 – Anchor and Expand
Lisa also shares her insights on why there is an increased interest in the RPO and MSP business models.
Resilience and Achievements
In this interview, Lisa shared both her successes and her struggles. She described how she was able to establish Interquest Solutions as the leading businesses in the group. She also gave a breakdown of how she built a team of 22 recruiters in two weeks for an RPO project! On the flip side, she revealed that she lost 80% of her business during the covid crisis. Her mindset and story of grit can definitely inspire you to bounce back from adversity to achieve your goals.
How does RPO differ from MSP? What are the mutual benefits for both clients and recruiters when utilizing these models? Let Lisa Dixon of Infinite Players explain the fundamentals in this episode of #TheResilientRecruiter! #recruitment #recruiter #training #coachingTweet
Lisa Dixon Bio and Contact Info
Lisa is the Director of Infinite Players based in London, UK. She has 25 years in recruitment outsourcing, working across multiple sectors and countries. In 2009, she joined InterQuest Group to set up InterQuest Solutions, a business that provides innovative managed services, recruitment outsourcing and recruitment consulting services focused on delivering against clients’ recruitment goals. Lisa’s passionate about helping recruitment agencies and employers resolve their recruitment challenges.
- Lisa on LinkedIn
- Infinite Players website link
- Infinite Players on Facebook
- Infinite Players on Instagram
- Infinite Players on Youtube
People and Resources Mentioned
Connect with Mark Whitby
- Get your FREE 30-minute strategy call
- Mark on LinkedIn
- Mark on Twitter: @MarkWhitby
- Mark on Facebook
- Mark on Instagram: @RecruitmentCoach
Related Podcast You Might Enjoy
- TRR#56 Top Biller and Former MMA Fighter Reveals How He Defeated Depression and Anxiety, with Will Bourne
- TRR#61 Client Partnerships: How to Grow a Thriving Recruitment Business in a Crisis, with James Leighton
If you’ve been enjoying the podcast, please take two minutes to leave a review. Your review is greatly appreciated because it helps us attract a bigger audience and help more recruiters. “Support the podcast and leave a review here”.